Mon Nov 1
Continue our discussion of CGI & PHP using this "storage" example .
topics to discuss and/or work on together in class :
- reading & writing to files ... privileges (apache www-data) and (absolute) paths
- cookies : getting & setting them (environment variables or libraries)
- authentication & users & cookies ; do's and don'ts - sessions
- JSON and other "serialization" formats
- APIs, client-side ajax, CGI and/or PHP scripts that serve up JSON ... app architecture
- CRUD : create, read, update, destroy ... typical "read and edit data" tasks
- REST : representational state transfer - common web software API architecture
coming soon : SQL databases !